Indian Navy FAQs
1. I am 12 pass student. I want to join Naval Wings as an officer. Please suggest.
Ans - Well, You can appear in NDA exam conducted in April and Sep every year. You must have physics and Maths in 12th. If you have not passed with Physics and maths and commerce or arts subject, then you can appear NDA for Army Wing.
2. I have once attended NDA exam but could not succeed. Am I eligible again?
Ans - Yes, if your age is within 19 years.
3. I have failed twice in NDA. I still wish to appear in exam. But my parent discourage me. What should I do?
Ans - Dear candidate, if you have strong will to be an Navy officer, and your age is allowed(within 19 years). You have to cross all hindrance coming in your way by doing hardwork.
4. I want to be an Indian Naval Officer after 12th. Is there is any chance for further education there?
Ans - Yes, you can appear in NDA after 12th with Physics and Maths subjects upto 19 years of age. Your graduation will be completed in NDA Khadakwasala after joining NDA. Even the candidate who is interested in Engineering may opt for that field.
5. Sir, I want to join Naval but I do not know swimming. Can I join?
Ans - Yes. You must not worry what you know or not. You have to prepare for written exam for NDA. All necessary training will be provided in the Navy with safty.
6. Sir, I am suffering from skin diseases. Can I join Navy?
Ans - No, you have to get treatment for skin diseases and perfectly be disease less. Then only you can join Navy.
7. Sir, I am B.E.(Mechanical). How can I join Navy?
Ans - Indian Navy aks for application in May every year. One must have completed B.E.degree with minimum 65 % in aggregate from recognized university. And Age must be between 19 ½ to 25 years. Candidate has to apply on line. Candidates will be short listed based on your academic career. Shortlisted candidate will be called for SSB.(Services Selection Board).
8. Sir, I once attended SSB at Bangalore, but I failed. I don’t know why did I fail? Can I again apply? And pl suggest me how to clear SSB?
Ans - Yes, you can apply till your age criteria meets according to notification(25 years). For SSB you have to contact Col Nirban on 9033241548.
9. Sir, I have tattoo on my hand? Am I eligible for Navy Officer?
Ans - Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e. from inside of elbow to the wrist end on the reverse side of palm/back side of hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are not acceptable.
10. I am B.E. (Electronics & Communication). Is there any scope as an officer in Indian Navy?
Ans - Yes, Indian Navy asks for application in May every year. One must have completed B.E. degree with minimum 65% in aggregate from recognized university. And Age must be between 19 ½ to 25 years. Candidate has to apply on line. Candidates will be short listed based on your academic career. Shortlisted candidate will be called for SSB.(Services Selection Board). One must have more practice for SSB. If required one must get coaching.
11. I am Sujata, studying in the last year Degree (B.E. Mechanical). Is lady, like me eligible for Navy Officer Exam?
Ans - No, you are not eligible for Navy Officer. But you can apply through CDS (Combined defence Services conducted by UPSC) twice in a year Feb and Nov. Women candidates are only considered for Short Service Commission Army (OTA). They should indicate OTA as the only choice in the application form.
12. On which web site candidate is to apply?
Ans - www.upsconline.nic.in
13. I am married woman. Am I eligible for an officer in Army/Navy/Air Force.?
Ans - No, only unmarried woman is eligible for the same. But war widow is also eligible for specific vacancy.
14. I have filled up form for CDS. I am living in Ahmedabad. Is any good coaching institute in Ahmedabad?
Ans - Yes, Col Nirbans Defence Academy is located at Sarjan Residency, Near Uma Party Plot, Motera, Ahmedabad. Contact No 9033241548.
15. I am Sweta, completed B.A. and want to be Navy/Army Officer. I am afried of Maths exam. Am I eligible for Army Officer?
Ans - Yes, Don’t afraid of Maths. Woman is only eligible for OTA(Officer Training Academy), there are only two papers English and Maths each for 100 marks and 2 hours paper period. There is negative marking for wrong answers.
16. What is the Pay Scale for Sub Lieutenant (SLT)?
Ans - The CTC for a Sub Lieutenant (for Executive(GS)) would be approx 74,100/- as per 6th pay commission. And for Engineer Rs 90,600/-. This would be crossed to approx lac after implementation to VIIth Pay Commission.
17. From my childhood I like submarine. I am B.E. (Marine). Am I eligible for Navy Technical Officer?
Ans - Yes, You can apply for Technical(Submarine Specialization) where you will be responsible to run & maintain modern submarines and its weapon system. You will get professional satisfaction.
18. What is selection procedure for Short Service Commission Officer in executive branch in the Indian Navy?
AnsThe candidates will be issued call letter for SSB(Services selection Board) based on their performance in Degree Course. Candidates recommended by SSB and declared medically fit will be appointed for training as per all India merit depending on the number of vacancies.
19. What is Short Service Commission in Navy?
Ans - Terms and condition for Short Service Commission officer is 10 years service extendable upto 14 years.
20. Please intimate scope of Engineers in the Navy?
Ans - There are three branches :-
Executive officer is a leader of men, strategists of modern warfare and ambassadors of our country in foreign waters.
Hydrography officer – isone of the sub specializations of the Executive branch of the Indian Navy, which qualifies officer to undertake Hydrographic surveys of unchartered Indian and foreign waters for safe navigation.
Ans - Govt usually issue notification in Jul per year asking for on line applications from the candidates who are studying in final year B.E./B.Tech in recognized university and must have obtained 60% agreegate marks till VI semester.
Procedure. Fill on line registration form. Print copy of this application is to be submitted to the Campus Selection Team. Of Indian Navy at the time of Campus Interview. Obtain signature of the principal of college/university on the declaration given at the end of the application.
The candidates applying for the entry will have to appear before a Naval Campus Selection Team for Interview. The candidates qualifying the campus interview will be shortlisted for SSB interview at Bangalore/Bhopal/Coimbtore/Vishakhapatnam between Dec to Apr next year.
Candidates recommended by SSB and declared fit by medical board will be appointed for training will undergo training for 22 weeks Naval Orientation Course at the INA Ezhimala, followed by professional training for 44 weeks in Naval ships and Training Establishment.
22. Is girl eligible for Navy officer under UES?
Ans - Yes, in executive branch there is a logistics (Works) cadre where a girl who is studying in final year B.E(Civil) or B Architecture can apply on line as per notification. She is eligible for Short Service Commission only.
23. What is difference PC and SSC?
Ans - Permanent commission(PC) means pensionable service and retirement on completion of full service as per terms and condition and rank structure or age whichever is earlier. It is usually more than 15 years.
Short Service means not pensionable service. One has to retire on completion of 10 years service or extendable upto 14 years. Generally women are granted SSC.
24. Is married women is entitled for SSC?
Ans - No, married woman is not eligible for SSC. Only unmarried woman is eligible for SSC.
25. Is married man is eligible for PC/SSC?
Ans - Maried men over 25 years are only eligible but less than 25 years of age is not eligible for PC/SSC.